Third Tuesdays

`Meetup` & greetup




LAST night, I attended my very first Third Tuesdays meetup event, at Bar Wellington. Third Tuesdays is a free monthly Meetup event for people within the PR and advertising industry to attend, with the opportunity to learn more about the ever-evolving industries through speaker sessions, and to meet and mingle with others who share the same interests.

I arrived with my friend to a quaint little bar on the corner of Wellington and Portland, the top floor already buzzing with conversation. Not knowing what to expect, I sat quietly to the side and observed. There were many people in attendance, and it was pretty close quarters. Soon, we got approached by the organizer Joseph Thornley, and conversations sprouted amongst us and the other attendees continuously for the rest of the evening. I met some pretty interesting people, and even exchanged contacts (SIDE NOTE: if you've made your way onto my little blog site, I wonder if you noticed my little error on my card! Mistakes happen, right? Right? Ha ha!)

All in all, it was a very good evening, and I can definitely see a lot of potential in this group as a useful networking tool. I'm glad I found out about it, with me starting at Humber Lakeshore in January for the PR postgrad certificate program and all.

Time to browse my Meetup account for upcoming events to RSVP to!

One more note: there is a social media conference happening on November 15th, organized by Gary Schlee, a PR professor at Centennial College and a fellow Third Tuesdays member. For more information about this event and to attend, visit http://talkischeap.pbwiki.com/

* * *

No comments: